Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Line Manager: Chief Customer Officer
Direct Reports: 3 to 4
A multinational organization, a professional body in the General Insurance, Financial Planning, Protection, EBC and Life & Pensions sectors.
- Operate with maximum autonomy, the buck stops here
- Deal with ambiguity and complexity in an unfazed manner, asks penetrating questions to drill into critical issues
- Identify, interpret and address relevant external factors.
- Assess issues – especially medium-term and Long-term factors. Make decisions that are clear and practical.
- Lead by example to motivate and performance manage. Cascade objectives and responsibilities through the levels. Apply diversity and inclusion principles within workplace setting.
- Overall group delegated budget responsibility
- Sponsor high-level projects and pre-empts issues by taking corrective action of potential issues and risks.
- Sets the Company strategic objectives by consider future proofing strategies. Assess internal and external factors that impact upon strategy. Be able to connect team’s work to strategies and objectives.
- Creates a working environment where creativity is the norm and is rewarded and supported. Actively encourage and support creative and innovative thinking in others. Use facilitation tools and techniques to stimulate creative thinking and discussion at all levels. Support team and colleagues to take a risk that will benefit the Company.
- Creates a working environment where trying new things is acceptable to reach challenging goals and persist until individual and team goals are achieved and commitments met. Understand risk culture, including taking of opportunities while managing risk.
- Clarify and articulate the diverse requirements of customers/members to support delivery of professional excellence and expertise. Use insights to determine and drive outcomes and quality.
- Translate complex aims into clear and manageable plans, determine resource requirements to support implementation.
- Build effective, mutually beneficial relationships at a C-suite level with key external stakeholders – employers, policymakers, strategic suppliers
- Display outstanding verbal and written communication skills – be able to ‘get across a point’ in a persuasive and clear manner. Respond at pace and professionally. Be able to translate complex data into a compelling narrative.
- Act as an outstanding ambassador for the Company, representing the Company’s ‘viewpoint’ on a wide range of matters, many of which may emerge impromptu during Q&A. Speak with confidence and credibility – not just in your own specialist area. Comment on industry wide issues with credibility. Present effectively with or without ‘props’ (e.g., slides).
- Operate with a variety of styles (gravitas, assertiveness, and diplomacy) as the need arises. Use body language, eye contact, physical presence to enhance impact. ‘Thinks on one’s feet’ in unexpected situations.
- Actively encourage and challenge critical thinking, encourage team to form and articulate opinions based on facts and evidence. Utilize active listening to maintain open dialogue. Promote transparent approaches.
- Hold APFS or equivalent level qualification from a professional body relevant to functional specialism.
- Evidence strong understanding and expertise in your functional specialism. Identify with a relevant market/technical issue within the Company I – for which they are the ‘go to’ person. Write articles or blogs that are thought-provoking, challenging, insightful – and enhance the Company’s reputation at the top table.
- Apply relevant experience to Company issues- including experience from outside the sector, and/ or experience from working for businesses within the sector, and/or experience from other professional bodies.
- Scrutinize, interrogate and interpret MI reports
• Have an in-depth knowledge of business dynamics and key influencers in the Middle East and Central and South Asian regions and be able to work at both strategic and operational level due to the scale of our international presence.
• Demonstrate gravitas and be an accomplished public speaker, able to act as the ambassador and voice of the Company internationally.
• A great coach and eager to lead your own local team, support all your international colleagues and collaborate with your UK colleagues.
• Good working knowledge of the General Insurance, Financial Planning, Protection, EBC and Life & Pensions sectors.
• Proven track record in pitching for and securing major new business partnerships whilst having a successful track record of making impact at a senior level.
• Will seek to become a reliable source of strategic thinking both for the markets but also the regulator and governments. The press will seek your opinion when speaking about Insurance or Financial Services.
• Strategic thinker comfortable with leading change, developing a strategic plan for the Board.
• Comfortable managing press, developing personal and organizational profile, getting message across.
• Must be a self-motivator with experience translating goals and vision into practical and achievable actions and set self and others smart goals, revenue targets and operational surplus goals.
• Required to feedback knowledge of and requirements in the local markets and work with others to translate this into new product ideas. You will do this in collaboration with the other Regional Directors and the UK proposition and operations teams/
• You can champion standards and quality in others and self
If you know of anyone who has these qualifications and is looking for a challenging career, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeanette Jarjoura – Executive Search and Leadership Consultant