Multinational Healthcare Organization
To lead all legal issues for company’s operations across its Middle East and Africa (MEA) region:
- Responsible for leading all day-to-day legal matters and strategies relating to company’s operations across the Middle East and Africa region. This dynamic position will provide broad-based legal support to MEA’s commercial, medical, regulatory and related functions such as finance and HR.
- This role serves as a key advisor to the region General Manager and will be a member of MEA Management Team.
- Head of Legal will be part of the International Legal Group and will report directly to a member of that group, with a matrix reporting to the regional General Manager.
- Serve as primary in-bound / out-bound point of contact on all legal issues for the MEA region
- Member of the MEA Management Team and associated leadership committees
- Provide counsel to MEA teams on the full range of business issues, including customer contracting, growth strategies, new market entry, distribution, brand promotion, privacy and any related disputes
- Advise on general compliance matters related to appropriate interactions with health care professionals and government officials
- Partner with MEA Business Units and Value, Access & Policy group on all aspects of pricing, promotion and reimbursement activities related to products
- Partner with MEA Regulatory, Medical and Clinical teams on the laws and regulations related to the filing and promotion of pharmaceutical products, and clinical trial activities across the region
- Provide legal support on HR, IP-related and corporate development/licensing/litigation activities across MEA as required
- Participate and lead on external negotiations, including industry association and legal policy discussions.
- Handle corporate administration of related company’s entities, including drafting Board of Directors and/or Shareholders meeting minutes
- Lead engagement of external counsel, prepare legal budgets and track current and forecasted external legal spend
- Manage and develop a more junior lawyer, who reports directly to this role.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- A licensed lawyer and a law degree from a recognized university
- 10+ years post-qualification legal experience at a top law firm and/or experience working in a legal department of a multinational company
- Experience in the life sciences/healthcare sector, ideally in the Middle East or other emerging markets.
- Fluency in Arabic and English is essential.
- Excellent analytic, legal drafting, oral and written communication skills
- Consistent track record of ethical judgement, maturity, strategic planning, problem solving and decision-making, strong decisive leadership and people management
- Ability to manage competing priorities and provide a high level of client services across multiple stakeholders and jurisdictions
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Experience navigating matrixes within global organizations
If you know of anyone who has these qualifications and is looking for a challenging career, please email: email@example.com
Jeanette Jarjoura – Executive Search and Leadership Consultant