Multinational Life Sciences Company
Major Areas of Responsibility
Building Finance function and capability
- Assess available resources, formulate plan to develop Finance function through developing processes, procedures and systems as well as hiring and developing the right talent.
- Contribute to the formulation of the business objectives of the Company and develop annual and medium-term financial plans to achieve objectives.
- As a true business partner to the CEO assess organizational performance against both the annual budget and long-term strategy.
- Maintain tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the CEO and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
Financial and Operational Management
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with appropriate accounting principles, regulatory requirements, and audit requirements.
- Maintain internal control safeguards and coordinate all audit activities.
- Provide support and guidance in formulation, analysis and submission of capital proposals to include acquisitions, expansions and infrastructure support programs and ensure management approval.
- Manage cash flow and forecasting. Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Optimize the handling of banking relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash positions.
- Manage and coordinate with local external partners (banks,,) the foreign exchange and mitigate risk on currency fluctuation.
- Oversee budgeting; prepare operating and capital budgets and coordinate financial planning and budget management functions.
- Build and maintain relationships with banks/financial services, tax/legal advisors and government bodies. Assure compliance with all local regulations.
- Develop, implement and maintain finance, accounting, billing, purchasing and auditing procedures.
- Interact with other functional directors to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analysis, reports and recommendations.
- Establish and implement short and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures.
- Administer and monitor all revenue cycle related topics such as pricing issues, tender prices offering, discounts, etc.
- Build, develop and monitor a finance team; manage work allocation, problem resolution and performance evaluation.
- BS in Finance or related field (Minimum)
- MBA and/or CPA (Desirable)
- 12+ years of experience in Finance (early career can be any of or a mix of
- Last 5-7 years in spent Finance role within a developed finance function
- 3+ years senior finance management role (director level) with a demonstrable record in managing company finance
- Experience gained with a developed pharmaceutical company or pharmaceutical specialized distributor; experience gained in Saudi Arabia is highly desirable but not mandatory
- Leadership skills
- Team player
- Strong communication skills
- Maturity and stature
- Results driven
- Strong work ethics and commitment
- Integrity and moral fiber
- Able to stand up to his opinion without antagonizing others
- Experience working with family owned companies is highly desirable