Asset investment Company
Lead and manage the development of strategic plan and vision for the company, business plan and annual budget for the company Strategic Planning and Investment and ensure compliance with the plans and budgets in order to achieve the vision and mission of the organization; oversee the design, development and implementation of systematic management practices to assess, monitor risks, and improve the way risks are managed throughout the organization. Provide guidance to the subsidiaries on their goals and objectives.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead team in developing, managing, and continuously enhancing the overall strategic planning framework for the organization through extensive coordination with the various divisions and departments of the company considering the present and future needs of the company.
- Coordinate and facilitate team efforts to determine strategic goals and objectives and to identify and prioritize key strategic initiatives.
- Participate in the preparation of budgets for development projects on a monthly and annual basis via the prepared business plan, review & challenge budgets from the company team and third-party operators.
- Consolidate strategic and business plans into the overall company strategic plan (including Business Plans).
- Conduct initial high level filtering exercise for the development of new concepts and ideas for development, asset management and destination management activities including identification of new partners, innovative urban planning practices, and detailed information on new concepts and business cases and ensure alignment with the Strategic Plan.
- Provide support to the structuring, execution and monitoring of new business and investment opportunities.
- Monitor implementation of the strategic plans and carry out periodic reviews of the business performance to monitor progress against agreed upon KPIs towards the fulfilment of strategic goals; prepare quarterly reviews of business performance against the Strategic Plan and present report to the CEO.
- Support the establishment of an investment control process.
- Provide inputs into the Investment Planning and Real Estate portfolio management, in conjunction with the Head Finance & IT and Head Asset Management; and advise on possible product development, land management strategies, and land allocation, etc.
- Serve as the custodian of the ‘ideation hub’ at the company with the objective of feeding the various functions/departments with new ideas and ways of doing business.
- Lead the activities around bringing together global thought leaders in the destination management sector for idea generation, innovation and thought leadership.
- Value risk management for the set of portfolios, identify the risks and develop the mitigations.
- Manage the risk assessment for the set of portfolios; monitor and identify the risks and develop action plans to mitigate these risks.
- Lead the development and maintenance of a corporate wide Business Continuity (BC) program that addresses business operations recovery and emergency response management.
- Assist the CEO and the Board in carrying out special projects in line with the overall objectives of the company.
- Participate as Board member of subsidiaries, and as member of select management committees at the company, as the case may be.
- Provide direction/guidance and motivate subordinates across the team to enhance performance and produce quality work; ensure that subordinates are continuously developed for higher levels.
- Prepare performance evaluation and appraisal reports of direct reports to assess subordinate’s productivity and progress and identify training needs of team members to improve efficiency and ensure conformity with standard procedures and practices.
- 10–20 years of relevant work experience in similar industry, with a broad coverage across the real estate value chain.
- Good understanding of strategic planning and measuring business performance, business development as well as knowledge of industry and regulatory standards of Risk Management.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university, advanced degree is preferred.
- Fluency in English
If you know of anyone who has these qualifications and is looking for a challenging career, please email: email@example.com
Jeanette Jarjoura – Executive Search and Leadership Consultant