A reputable real estate development, management and investment company responsible for the development and management of Leisure and Hospitality Projects for multinational brands based in Abu Dhabi. Established in 2011, it has played a key role in the rapid growth of the leisure and tourism sector, as a developer, destination manager and asset manager. With landmark projects the company is re-imagining leisure and entertainment, cementing the Emirate’s reputation as a global destination with unique attractions and exciting experiences.
Lead the Commercial Department by overseeing the development and management of supplier / supply chain relationship which will provide an aggregated benefit of the full delivery of Company’s objectives and ensuring internal commercial needs are met in a cost-efficient manner for the business.
This position reports to the CEO.
- Responsible for setting the strategic direction and goals for the Commercial Dept., ensuring execution of all agreed commercial strategies, including contractor and consultant management, in a manner which “de-risks” such activities and meets company’s goals and objectives;
- Provides the leadership in developing, implementing and promoting a safety culture throughout the organization and across its contractors and supplier base;
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of the Company’s Contract Administration Policies and Procedures
- Develops the departmental budgets for the procurement and contracts, tendering functions and monitor performance against budgets;
- Establish and build professional relations with strategic suppliers/ contractors with a view to leveraging these relationships to secure the best outcomes for the organization;
- Responsible for ensuring confidentiality and integrity of the procurement and purchase processes to the extent that they can withstand audit and compliance reviews;
- Member of Company’s Tender Committee. Supports submissions to the Tender Committee with periodic reports on shortlisted/ approved prospective suppliers for Company, procurement cost, status of supplier contracts and conflict with suppliers;
- Forecast the likely levels of demand for the organizations purchasing through proactive liaison with departments l to ensure demands are met; and contribute to the preparation of all procurement and operational expense in corporate budgeting, conducting regular monitoring of financial performance;
- Identify the ‘Initiatives’ and ‘KPIs’ for Commercial Department in line with Company’s Strategic objective and ensuring that the same are accomplished by the given time period.
|Operational Responsibilities: Day to day leadership and management of the Department, Directing the Commercial functions and oversee all procurement activities and processes, applying best-practice, tools, and techniques, in accordance with procurement governance, processes, standards, and procedures; Develop, monitor, drive and report on activities including but not limited to; Project Execution Strategies, Procurement Strategies, Tendering, Negotiations… etc; Provide the necessary assurance that the Company has the appropriate structured contract administration and disciplined procurement methodologies in place offering the required level of transparency and predictability of outcome.Key point of coordination with Director of Portfolio, Development, Destination and Projects to develop and enhance points of access for the Commercial function, ensuring full represented/ influence in Project sanction and development processes, delivering on a one team approach; Responsible to provide all necessary procurement support to operational and service departments (e.g. RFP stage, bid evaluation, contract/ vendor management). Manage and supervise the relationships within supply chains, negotiating and developing contracts with suppliers, ensuring compliance with company’s terms and conditions; Challenging “default” standards, codes/guidelines as a part of the designer/supplier/ contractor analysis, working in collaboration with other functions, improving operational efficiency, enabling Company to exert greater leveraging in the market place, seeking value through optimisation of design requirements. Oversee the commercial function, ensuring that all business units across the Company receive quality, timely procurement/ contracting service and assistance in sourcing/ contracting initiatives; Responsible to articulate the need and identify the requirements for the development/implementation of an effective common IT platform across the Commercial function Providing market information on suppliers/ contractors/ consultants, seeking to broaden tendering base, ensuring the selection and pre-qualification of “best in class” contractors.Leads the procurement of consultants/contractors and provisional sum sub-contractors in accordance with company’s procedures and execution strategies, ensuring the completeness and integrity of the call for tenders and tender management. Actively influences the outcome of Commercial Evaluations through best practices covering negotiations, benchmarking, procurement strategies and fast-track awards. Formulates procurement strategies for projects, optimising procurement mechanisms ensuring the company achieves a high level of competition within each RFP. Establishes the benchmark for the level of detail/ RFP quality analysis ensuring company’s reputation in the UAE market is constantly being enhanced to the extent that bidders are committed to participate. Participates in Technical Evaluations, responsible for the Commercial Evaluations. negotiations with the Consultants and Contractors/ Suppliers.In depth understanding of performance measurement methodologies, earned value techniques and project scheduling and cost management as these impact on contract preparation/ execution and claims Experienced in understanding project planning, assessing /anticipate project demands in terms of labour, materials, equipment and technical challenges and the corresponding impacts of these issues on tendering and execution. Ability to review cost and schedule baselines to detect and highlight areas of concern prior to them becoming problem areas. Experienced in risk assessment and risk management Experienced in developing RFPs from “raw” scope and other inputsExperience in international contracting mechanisms, specifically FIDIC based and various Method of Measurements;|
Civil Engineering Degree, Master’s degree is a plus
Location: Abu Dhabi
If you know of anyone who has these qualifications and is looking for a challenging career, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeanette Jarjoura – Executive Search and Leadership Consultant