It is a government entity, that supports holistic early childhood development, through developing policies and laws, informing decision-making through research and transforming behavior.
The Company has developed a comprehensive strategy designed to help children thrive today, tomorrow, and for years to come, through realizing a powerful vision, one in which—
- All children have the necessary personal foundations for healthy and physical social-emotional development and early learning
- All children live in a stable and secure environment and are protected from harm and danger
- All parents are confident and have the capabilities to support their children’s holistic development and well-being
This position reports to the Executive Director.
- Report to the Executive Director leading the Knowledge and Impact sector
- Directly manage four Senior Specialists (Research and Continuous Development, Data Science, Trends and Innovation and Cognitive Solutions) and oversee a team of up to 10 members at stable state
- Head one of the two divisions of Knowledge and Impact sector – Research and Cognitive Solutions (the other one being Strategy Success)
- Oversee the planning, design, budgeting and implementation of all Research and Cognitive Solutions projects
- Be supported by a Managerial Assistant
- Lead the strategy of the division. Develop, assess and update the strategic objectives of Research and Cognitive Solutions in line with the overall Authority direction.
- Oversee the development of Research and Cognitive Solutions’ strategic framework. Oversee the development of a comprehensive Research strategy, including a research framework and priorities. Oversee data activities including development of a data system to collect, track and use data, and provide up-to-date information about children, parents, the workforce, and services. Oversee the development of a comprehensive technological infrastructure and web/mobile application strategy within the sector.
- Drive Research and Cognitive Solutions’ operational activities and ensuring successful implementation of all efforts. You will translate the strategy into division-wide workplans and review the weekly suggested workplans. You will set procedures and processes to ensure the successful implementation of strategic objectives and timely delivery of projects (e.g. weekly updates, review sessions, strategy implementation milestones).
- Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders. You will represent Research and Cognitive Solutions before key stakeholders and third parties as well as in all external communication activities. Ensure effective collaboration and communication of activities with both Executive Directors and Directors and external partners within the sector.
- Advise teams on Research and Cognitive Solutions. You will advise Senior Specialists on any flagged problems/ roadblocks that may affect the undertaking of initiatives. Challenge and oversee the work of third party groups (e.g. consultants, vendors, agencies) and support or advise when required. You will preside and lead working groups as required.
- Lead strategic projects. Develop and implement strategy projects specifically for the Research and Cognitive Solutions division, including engaging/ mobilizing staff effectively
- Engage various stakeholders. Build constructive relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders (such as Working Groups and higher education institutes), including managing a multicultural team. In addition, you work in partnership with other organizations to improve decision-making, policy-making delivery.
- Promote the effective implementation of the Strategy. Understand the complexities of the landscape and how to navigate the challenges of strategy planning, execution and oversight.
- Leading a role in Data Management
- Worked in Early Education Research & Innovation
- Managing multicultural teams – preferably in inter-governmental, international and public organizations
- Developing and implementing strategies
- Managing stakeholders – especially regarding decision-making, policy-making and service delivery
Bachelor’s and preferably Master’s degree, in a relevant field (such as Medicine, Psychology, Child Protection, Education, Law, Data, Statistics, Mathematics), or an equivalent
Fluency in English (written and spoken)
Nationality: UAE National
If you know of anyone who has these qualifications and is looking for a challenging career, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeanette Jarjoura – Executive Search and Leadership Consultant