- The ideal Board candidate will possess some or all of the following:
- A strong track record of experience in the MENA region.
- Ability to make meaningful contributions at the Board of Directors level to enhance shareholder confidence
- Experience running a business (i.e., CEO or divisional president) or heading a key functional area (i.e., a broad-based, business-oriented CFO) in a well-respected company
- Interpersonal skills and abilities to leverage relationships and influence others
- Financial acumen and business savvy, including P&L management experience
- Public company experience is a plus
- Global perspective, including experience with a company or organization that has successfully competed in international markets; specific knowledge of Asian markets is a plus
- Experience with high-growth companies and understanding of evolving company profiles and dynamic environments
- Experience with Mergers & Acquisitions
- Understanding of technology and its changing role would be a plus
- The ideal Board candidate will fit the following profile:
- Good strategic thinker who understands Board’s strategic and governance role
- Ability to draw upon solid business experience
- Effective communicator, both listening and transmitting ideas
- Forward-thinking, thoughtful and insightful
- Strong leadership record
- High personal integrity and values
- Good judgment, maturity
- Highly motivated, participatory
- Excellent references
- Constructive and collaborative (i.e., a collegial team player) who will fit well with the current Board
- To participate the Board and ensure its effectiveness
- To get to know the shareholders and understand their aspirations for risk, growth and their required returns.
- To support in in providing comprehensive induction programs for new directors and in addition address the development needs of the individual directors to ensure that they have the skills and knowledge to fulfil their role on the board and on committees.
- To be a senior ambassador of the business if, on occasion, interactions are required with important stakeholders.
- To support the development of strong operational excellence through our focus on our values and strategy around safety, people, quality and delivery.